Sunday, January 31, 2010

snow days/birthday party

Nashville TN, rarely gets snow. When there's a threat of snow, people rush out to the grocery store to stock up on all the staples. Milk, bread, eggs, the usual stuff.

Well, it just happened to be our regular shopping day. The day before the storm. It was actually about 11am when all the weather nonsense started. Snow, sleet, freezing rain... it all began.

Well... It's day three of being "snowed in". Being snowed in has its advantages when you like to cook AND you have groceries. So far, we've made homemade clam chowder, blueberry pancakes, chili, stuffed mushrooms, chicken fried rice and tonight I'll make some homemade hummus.

When I grow up, I want to be a chef. I really think I do. The problem is, I've seen how much work it is behind the scenes. I think I more so would like to just cook for my friends.

I'm thinking out loud at this point, but for my birthday, I'm thinking about having some sort of cooking party. Like, having everyone bring over an ingredient and I'll cook a meal. I really enjoy cooking breakfast. But to have a Breakfast-Cooking-Birthday Party? I don't know...

Maybe brunch? That way I can still make my breakfast favs but also make some more savory lunch/dinner type dishes. But then I think, "It's only me!" My mind is racing even now thinking about it. I want to make omelettes. I want to make BBQ ribs. I want to make, I want to make, I can't do it all. To be realistic, I should pick a couple of different things and stick with that. Hmm.... so much to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment