Monday, January 18, 2010

Lets cook!

I love to cook. I think it all started when I was a kid. Most of the time watching my mom cook. Rarely did she use a recipe. It was all, "pinch of this, dash of that" She was always so confident that it was going to taste great and be perfect.

When I was in 6th grade I took Home Ec class. When we cooked in class, everything had a recipe. Yes it was bizarre to me, but we did it. Even making hamburgers, our teacher made us follow the recipe.

Fast forward several years. I'm grown up now, have a career as a musician and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to change careers and become a full time chef. I like cooking THAT much!

After watching the movie Julie & Julia, it inspired me to start writing. I'm no Bobby Flay or Mario Batalli, but I can cook more than just a pot of spaghetti or pot of chili. This blog if you will, can be for the guy that wants to cook for his family. Make a nice meal without being laughed at by his kids or wife.

I'm sure you've seen the scenario where the mom is out of town for a couple of days, and dad has to cook for the kids all weekend. The kids either go on a fast, or they gain 12 lbs from all the take out they eat.

I hope this sparks some interest in us "regular guys", to cook something nice for your family. Nothing fancy... well... maybe a few fancy dishes thrown in when the kids are out of the house and you want to impress your best girl. ;)

Being a musician I use the creative part of my brain. Cooking is very much an artsy thing. So it lines up with my whole being anyway. So lets get in the kitchen and make it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment